trinogt
The Mountie

Bikes: 2011 Kestrel Talon 105

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Ronno6
Great! We've probably ,met or at least seen each other. I sometimes ride that way while riding from Altoona to Ferran Park.
I sometimes ride with a friend from Umatilla. We go from Ferran to Tavares and Mt. Dora, as well as other points in all directions.
Have you done any of the shop rides out of Eustis?

Wow, I'm just getting this post now, 7 days after the fact? Hmmm...

Anyway, no, I have not been on any shop rides. In fact, I just got my bike February 14, and I don't know if I will be ready for any organized rides yet! lol. I would probably not be able to keep up with the pace yet. However, I am working on it! I sure do love the sport. I just rode my first 50 miles (longest to date) last Thursday, starting in Clermont, through Winter Garden, and on to the Clarcona Horse Park in Apopka and back, all trail. One hill on the way back nearly killed me! lol I am only averaging 14-15 mph in a mix of flats and hills right now. I find I push myself too hard in the beginning, then drop off at the end. Just have to learn to regulate. I try with a heart rate monitor, but I still end up pushing things for some reason! lol Maybe I'll learn.