Old 03-20-12, 03:24 AM
Stealthammer
Still spinnin'.....

Bikes: Fisher Opie freeride/urban assault MTB, Redline Monocog 29er MTB, Serrota T-Max Commuter, Klein Rascal SS, Salsa Campion Road bike, Pake Rum Runner FG/SS Road bike, Cannondale Synapse Road bike, Santana Arriva Road Tandem, and others....

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
hj.paul7, congratulations. You took on a huge task for someone with so little experience but you will definitely learn a lot very quickly. I know guys who have ridden for year that would never consider building their own bikes from the frame up. Good luck with the build.

Bookmark the www.SheldonBrown.com main page and refer to it often. Be patient and research everything in detail before actually purchasing any parts. Most of the regulars on the SS/FG forum are pretty sharp and very willing to assist other riders, so come back often to ask questions.

Post some pictures as you are building it if you can, but definitely post the finished bike.

Ride Safe.

BTW: Pake's 38* fork for that frame makes the bike very responsive but still quite stable, but a 41* will slow down the steering a bit if you think it might be too twitchy. The difference in the ride quality between the straight vs. curved blade is almost negligible though because either one is built quite stiff to begin with. My Pake FG/SS is very much like what you are building and I love it.

Last edited by Stealthammer; 03-20-12 at 03:40 AM.