Old 03-22-12, 01:31 PM
DoubleDiamonDog

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 14 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wheelspeed
In fairness to Mtnbke, maybe the difference in opinions here are because he's such a tall, big guy that his impressions are a little different than most of us who are 5-11" and weak and spindly (me).
Exactly - yet mtnbike was saying that aluminum was best for everyone and that "all other things being equal, no one put those drinking the Kool-Aid would ever "want" a steel tandem if they could alternatively have an aluminum one". The way he talks my concern is that noobies may take him seriously and follow his advice. He seemed very closed minded to the concept that other frame materials could be a better choice for some people. Then while criticizing others for not providing info to support their opinions, he provided none himself. Maybe the reason we haven't heard from him is because he is out doing some testing and will report back -what do you think?

I hope he comes back because I am curious about his thoughts on his aluminum fork and the short comings of carbon fiber. I would think that carbon fiber could be a great choice for him - maybe it is a matter of $, but on the other hand he says cannondale is fastest, bar none.