View Single Post
Old 03-22-12, 05:15 PM
cranky old dude

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
The 60's, what a decade!!

No. I'm not refering to that over romanticised decade some 50 odd years ago. I'm talking about now!!

Never in my wildest dreams way back when, did I imagine how much fun I would be having as a 60+ year old!

Take this morning for example. I left work at 05:30 a.m. on my trusty old Trek commuter. Yes it was dark outside, but the roads were all but abandoned. Having spent close to 100 miles pedaling my SWB Recumbent around earlier in the week, my legs were feeling fantastic. I slipped the FD over to the Big Ring and it felt like I was flying across that dark macadam on my silky smooth GEAX tires. The seven plus miles to the Restaurant for my breakfast just flew by!! The nice waitress brought me my hot oatmeal and coffee as soon as I sat down. (It's often good to be a creature of habit). She refused to let my coffee cup get less than half full.

After a leisurely and friendly breakfast I rode over to the river and headed upstream. I reached the Turning Basin Park prominade just in time to sit back and enjoy the sunrise. Being the first person on the river trail for the day I was treated to many wildlife encounters, mostly rabbit and deer.

Still feeling strong I climbed back up the trail out of the river gorge and headed for home where my bride was already up and enjoying her morning paper. After a short chat I meandered up to bed and curled up for a nice day's sleep.

Still smiling from such a great morning I drifted off into a peaceful, restful sleep. It sure is amazing how much fun one can have during a little 15 mile ride, even if 2/3's of it is in the dark!!

The 60's is shaping up to be a great decade!!!

Last edited by cranky old dude; 03-22-12 at 05:54 PM.