Bikes: Heavy, with friction shifters

Mentioned: 22 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1107 Post(s)
Liked 217 Times in 131 Posts
[QUOTE=squirtdad;14007788][QUOTE=Vlaam4ever;14006651]
Originally Posted by AdamDZ
but not all the same responsibilities

I always have a problem with this argument.... Because it ignores other consequences. Yes if a cyclist makes a wrong decision by running a red they have more exposure than a person in a car does, but it does not end there. You run a red light and make a judgement error. Now a driver either hits you and suffers psychological issues for something is not their fault or trys to avoid you and hits another car or object.

There is no more justification for the selfcentered argument " I am inconvenienced by the red light, and can make my own judgement if it is safe and break the law" for a bicyliest than there is for a motorcyclist or auto driver.
- I hate waiting at red lights when it is obviously safe to cross.

- I am happy police in my country doesn't fine me for doing so on foot/bike. It is against the law (60$ fine), but they seldom bother to catch and fine such criminals.

- At the same time, I'm frustrated to see that some people cross red lights (on foot 99% of the time) without looking and cause cars to brake/turn/crash/run them over. When I cross red lights, nobody has to sweat.

- The problem is those people running red lights without looking probably think the same way I do and maybe some day I'll also cause a car to brake/run me over.... But untill then, I still hate waiting at the red lights when I'm sure it is safe to cross, so I cross.