View Single Post
Old 03-24-12, 07:56 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Slaninar
On foot and on a bicycle I totally disregard traffic rules IF I AM SURE IT IS SAFE. I know I'm only putting myself in danger when breaking the rules and It's my fault-my ass on the line.

When driving a car: I couldn't forgive myself for killing/hurting anyone. So I respect all the rules. And it is frustrating to see how badly, slowly, carelessly most people drive in my country.

On a motorcycle I respect most rules, except for filtering bans - I filter whenever I believe it is safe (cars are stopped and I see where the drivers are looking).

North of Italy was a driving paradise for me. Almost all the drivers drive fast, safe, respecting bicycles, motorcycles (allowing filtering whenever possible by making space for them). Good roads, good drivers, good speed limits, few cameras and cops. Dolce vita!
And how would you feel if because of your actions while either on foot or a bicycle you caused the death or injury of someone that you weren't aware of being in the area?