View Single Post
Old 03-24-12, 08:05 PM
Digital_Cowboy

Bikes: Specialized Hardrock Mountain (Stolen); Giant Seek 2 (Stolen); Diamondback Ascent mid 1980 - 1997

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 62 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by AdamDZ
Agree. As long as they treat everyone equally and don't just pick on cyclists and let the drivers get away. During my daily commute I see more ***holes on bikes than in cars. So yeah, I'm totally for that.
Agreed, and let's not forget to treat pedestrians the same way. I see too many pedestrians who while I agree that they have the right of way, except for if I'm not mistaken a very narrow set of circumstances, act as if they aren't responsible for their safety.

Such as a couple of years ago as I was headed to the library, if I hadn't been paying attention I would have "nailed" a gal who immediately after getting off of the bus she puts her cell phone to her ear and is so engaged in her conversation that she wasn't paying any attention to what she was doing, or where she was going. She just blindly stepped off of the curb into the street without a care in the world.

If I had been driving or even riding a motorcycle I would have either hit her full on, or if I'd been on a motorcycle I probably would have clipped her with a mirror as I tried to avoid her.