View Single Post
Old 03-25-12, 01:06 AM
damnable

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
A good and a bad thing

So I'm back on the bike after general hiatus - my excuse is knee surgery but it's really more than that. I'm in the process of joining a great cycling club I found that actually has recreational rides rather than just training rides.

Anyway I've been on a few rides and I am not the biggest Athena there. It's makes me feel good because some of them are quite strong and skilled riders. So so far it looks like I've met up with a good bunch.

But today we were also at a skills session at one of the local motor racing tracks that has a couple of significant hills and we get to borrow is occasionally. We were practising some paceline stuff and I managed to keep up on the hills while some of the others were really struggling. Not that I am making light of their efforts and not that I like hills, but that used to be me and I get to see how far I've come.

I'll probably always be an Athena but I think I'm at least 30 pounds lighter than when I first came around these forums and it's nice to see it makes a difference.

Anyway, just a bit of a Woot moment for me.