View Single Post
Old 03-26-12, 12:33 PM
himespau 

Mentioned: 33 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4232 Post(s)
Liked 2,947 Times in 1,806 Posts
And I know someone (a high school coach of mine actually) who hit a guy (both in cars) through no fault of his own (the other guy blew a stop sign and ran straight in front of him in a bad rainstorm where there was no visibility or ability to stop) and the other guy died. My coach was seriously messed up for a long time. You don't have to be driving a train to get messed up when someone dies, that's the point of the example not how many people quit afterwards. My coach still drove, but he was very uncomfortable doing so for as long as I knew him after that. The point is, if you pull out in front of someone, they hit you and you die, you're not the only one affected by it. Your family (probably) will be for starters, and there's a good chance that the guy who killed you is going to be f@#$ed up psychologically. You aren't the only victim of your actions. Railroad employee turnover isn't relevant to that overall point.