Old 03-26-12, 01:08 PM
DionneP

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I think it is a good point that the one officer that responded to me, is not a representation of the entire police force. I posted on several message boards and have been amazed at the outpouring of stories. The stolen bike registry sent me a sticker that says "Bike Thieves Suck"... pretty funny.

Just to clarify- I live in a condo. You have to have a code or key to get into our garage. We have an underground area with bike racks which I opted out of locking my bike to because I can't see them. Instead I mounted bike racks to the concrete wall above my parking space. Both my bikes (2008 Lemond and 2009 Cannondale) were locked with Bulldog locks to the wall. My condo was first hit on a Tuesday night and all the bikes that were not locked were stolen from the underground racks. The following Friday night we were hit again and 2 Cannondale and 1 Trex were cut out of their locks. Only my Cannondale was stolen- the thiefs left my Lemond.

Farmers Insurance has been amazing to work with. They are even paying the depreciation when I purchase my next bike, the bad news is my deductible is $1k. All and all I'm glad no one was hurt, but I will remain on the lookout for my bike.