Old 03-26-12, 07:56 PM
todayilearned

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by taimur
Beautiful bikes!

With the $2k difference the answer seems obvious even before i ask my question but i will ask it anyways. How does the CAAD 10 ride compare to the Spesh? Been considering the CAAD for a while and may have the opportunity to move to a CAAD in a few months. However all my friends are suggesting to consider a carbon bike at the price point.
The CAAD is a great bike and the frame is much lighter than I expected for Aluminum. I just did a ride on it today over some not so nice roads and it's pretty comfortable. I can't really imagine a CF in the price range that can compare to it.

The Tarmac on the other hand is stiffer and lighter. It really feels like it wasn't to go on it's own.

Comparison isn't really fair since the Expert is 56 w/ better wheels and the CAAD is 58 with stock wheels.

Originally Posted by RugbySH9
Hey all, first post here. For the past 10 years I've been riding a Univega Modo Volare. Kept it stock aside from pedals and the saddle. I just had the guys at Wrench Science build me the below Colnago CLX 3.0 with Ultegra and I swapped out the wheels for a set of Fulcrum Racing 5CXs. It ships tonight and I'm hopping to have it by Friday.
So nice... do want..