View Single Post
Old 03-27-12, 02:24 PM
bobthib
Legs; OK! Lungs; not!

Bikes: ''09 Motobecane Immortal Pro (Yellow), '02 Diamondback Hybrid, '09 Lamborghini Viaggio, ''11 Cervelo P2

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 3 Post(s)
Liked 9 Times in 4 Posts
A new ride! Well, kinda.

After riding on Specialized Armadillos (23 front, 25 back) for two years and about 2K+ mi with no flats, the rear tire revealed a lot of the kevlar bead after an emergency stop. I put on a 25c Michelin Pro in the interium, and while it rode smooth, I got 2 flats in a week.

Most of my riding is with my grandson as stoker and the baby in a Kiddie trailer, at about 10 mph on the sidewalk. The last think I want to do is get a lot of flats when I'm picking up my grandson from school.

The rest of my rides are 20 - 40 mi a wk with my honey. We can keep a C+/B- pace and while no one like flats, our group will stop.

So my new ride is the 28s off of my wife's bike running at 90 psi. They are some cheap Kenda's that came on her bike. I've beefed up with some tire liners. I'm hoping that these will perhaps be as fast (or slow, really) as the 'dillos, and a smoother ride, and hopefully almost as puncuture proof.

The first ride will be my usual 10 - 14 mi ride to pick up Tyler at school and ride back to my house.

Time will tell...