Old 03-28-12, 09:14 PM
Chalupa102

Bikes: Catrike Trail Recumbent trike

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Great commutes today.

50F and party cloudy with mainly crosswinds and some headwinds from the SSW @ 13-16mph for the ride to school this afternoon. There seemed to be quite a bit more knucklehead drivers today then usual. There was one vehicle in perticular who, after passing, was all over the road. Not sure if they were looking at me in their mirror trying to figure out what I was riding or doing something else, but they nearly had ran off the road and then almost had a head-on collision with a vehicle coming the other way. At least they were well past me when this all started happening. Also had some older lady in the passenger seat of a car yell something at me in passing. She had the door opened and she was somewhat hanging out as she said whatever she said. I guess the window didn't work. I couldn't hear her anyway. She could have been saying something nice for all I know. I also had to get a little hard on the brakes because I had a vehicle pull in front of me as I was going 20+mph. Desipe the knuckleheads, there was a guy who pulled up in a truck while I was stopped making a quick adjustment. He complimented my velo and told me he sees me all the time. He asked where I was going and coming from, and when I told him he seemed really amazed.

47F and dark with light rain in the beginning part of the commute and mainly headwinds and some crosswinds from the ENE @ 0-3mph for the ride home. Made really good time and felt strong on the climbs. I guess the adjustments I made paid off.

Last edited by Chalupa102; 03-28-12 at 09:18 PM.