View Single Post
Old 03-30-12, 07:50 AM
Amesja
Cottered Crank

Bikes: 1954 Raleigh Sports 1974 Raleigh Competition 1969 Raleigh Twenty 1964 Raleigh LTD-3

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 11 Times in 7 Posts
The thing I wonder about is that I see a lot of bikes listed as "Good for a rider between X'-X" and Y'-Y," but then have ZERO other sizing information.

is there some sort of website or table somewhere on the internet that people are using for this determination? I see this all the time and from a number of different CL listers. It always confuses me when it is done without the actual real frame size. Dude, I don't trust your judgement or your table or whatever website you are using to determine these "good for" values. Just give the stupid frame size from the BB to top of top tube and BE DONE WITH IT.

Of all the many things that tend to annoy other CL readers the total ignorance of many bike sellers about how to list a frame size tends to annoy me most. Also include the fact that the USA is becoming a post-literate society and people have been totally failed by their public schools to be able to at least read and write at a 5th-grade level. The lack of proficiency in English is abysmal. Not being able to at least READ THE NAME ON THE FRAME and type it into the ad without a typo or an obvious misspelling always amazes me. How hard is that???

Haha! At least I can feel superior -so some good comes out of it.