View Single Post
Old 04-01-12, 08:09 PM
Neil_B

Mentioned: Post(s)
Tagged: Thread(s)
Quoted: Post(s)
Originally Posted by Peter_C
Looking back on 'The Saga' thread, it took me quite some time to hit zero RoM. So in that way you are way ahead of me! Good for you Neil. For me, the swelling really took about 3-4 months to calm down, and that was part of my RoM problem. Every time the swelling would get to minimal, I'd work the leg enough to raise the swelling back up. But about 16 weeks in, it all started to calm down and I made fast progress.

FYI - now, some 2+ years later, my left (new) knee is never an issue, and is very strong. Wish my new hip was doing as well. Weather changes are still an issue for me, but nothing like it was prior to the replacement.
The swelling on the right leg hasn't ever gone down since the week after surgery. Even assuming there are 'superficial clots' in the leg, the degree of edema was enough to alarm the visiting nurse. I have an appointment with the surgeon on Tuesday to examine the leg and perhaps issue a script for an antibiotic or a water pill. The right leg isn't just swollen, its giving off heat too.