View Single Post
Old 04-01-12, 09:46 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Yep, I went on my first organized ride in the 8 years I have been riding as an adult. Went with the one friend who just got a bike... and a friend of his who hasn't rode a bike in years.. Although I use the word "Organized" a bit loosely. It was more of a group of people gathering at a place and riding, even in different directions... But it was fun... About 30 riders showed up.. All ages all different kinds of bikes so that was cool. This was only the second month that they have had the ride. It was odd they had NO sign at the winery which is almost right across the street from the trail head. I don't think they even had a sign at the bike shop when I was in there last week. Both things a bit odd to me... The trail is really new to the community and the winery is right there but not a lot of people know about it... But I think with a bit of advertising and a few signs it really could take off....... but I dunno....

Short ride..... about 13 miles.... slow pace (even for me)... Had fun though... will go again if they do it again....