Panic
Rocking the roads of Bama

Bikes: Trek 1200, Masi Gravel

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 8 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
okay been a long time..

Been over 220 since 1995. I blame my kid for the weight gain as he was a poor eater. Well time goes on, we moved to Connecticut from Louisiana and in 2002 I was up to 255. I got down to 225 in 2007 with better eating, weights, and 2,500 on the bike that year.

In 2008 we moved to Alabama, and the weight came back (260). I'm a bit of a workaholic and was working 80 hours a week. Weight gain, blood pressure up, tryglycerides sky high.. got pneumonia on top of it all. Quit my job as my employer ran out of money, and after getting clearance from Dr I started riding again. Got down to 240 and then got a job working crazy hours, but very active hours - lost weight again, 225. Then got another new job, but had less time to exercise gained weight, doctor put me on a new med and I gained 10 lbs rather quickly.

So I ended up getting a nasty sinus infection, Dr said I was exhausted and my BP was up again. Time for a change. She thought it best I quit the job, and I was going to quit in the summer as they want me to get a second degree and pay no money for it, or give me any money once I get it. I don't make a lot now, so I gambled and resigned. Exhaustion is gone, sinus infection gone, blood pressure normal. Tryglycerides - NORMAL!!!!! Cholesterol is good on both counts.

So the med is gone, and now I'm riding, walking and lifting again. No heavy weight, just something to keep me moving. Walked 10 miles last week, rode 9 miles on Sunday for my first ride in two years. My butt wasn't thrilled with me, but today I walked 3 miles. Tomorrow, I ride!!!!