View Single Post
Old 04-04-12, 05:54 PM
hotwheels

Bikes: Trek7300, GT Palomar

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 4 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
40 yrs old. Last year, I was 330 with a BP of 150/110 or something like that. I started walking/jogging and mixing in bike rides. By December 31 I had lost 30 lbs. and felt a lot better. I recently stopped running because I find it very physically taxing. Well, I hit the bike more often and as of this last week I am down 11 lbs and my BP is a steady 110-115/ 65-75. Of course, those numbers reflect dietary changes in addition to exercise. I have really worked to document everything I eat and to reinforce nutritious foods. I'll eat any fruit or vegetable i can get my hands on and I eat out rarely. Lean meats, mostly poultry that is always accompanied by a whole grain. It's a tough road that is often fraught with complicated emotional connections to food and a frank reflection on personal behavior. I put so many excuses in my life to go ahead and have a candy bar or chips etc.. These are the hills I find hard to climb. I want to thank everyone for sharing their story. It's very helpful to this Clydesdale.

P.S. I was here about 2 years ago.