Old 04-05-12, 06:31 AM
Bianchigirll 
Bianchi Goddess

Bikes: Too many to list here check my signature.

Mentioned: 194 Post(s)
Tagged: 2 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2938 Post(s)
Liked 2,934 Times in 1,497 Posts
I agree too. If you really like the fit and feel of the 914 just put the DA on it and either sell the 600 or look for something to put that on. Plus who says you have to limit yourself to one or two bikes? The 600 is DT shifters right?

If you put the DA on the 914 and get that all set up with a correct stem (you may find you need a slightly shorter one with the brifters) that would give you a 600 group to experiment with. You can buy decent 54 steel frame {if you buy and cosmetically challenged one you can save money** build it with the 600 and ride it for a few weeks/months. If you don't like it take it apart and sell it and try something else. If you use a neutral stem like say a 100 reach and accept that you may be a tad cramped or stretched while testing/experimentingyou can save money by not rewrapping the bars and replacing the cables every time. You may need to leave the housingings say 4" long on your first try but hey your only testing right?

If you set on making this a one time venture to find something sweet to hang the DA stuff on I would suggest going over to Yellow Jersey (they have a real store yes?) and getting fitted and stand over some of their steel bikes.

Sugar "Kane" Kowalczyk

Last edited by Bianchigirll; 04-05-12 at 09:13 AM.