Mr. Beanz
Banned.

Bikes: Lemond Chambery/Cannondale R-900/Trek 8000 MTB/Burley Duet tandem

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Rifford
What's the best way to convince a LBS that I really do want a strong rear wheel?
Pleae don't listen to Neil, his advice stinks just as it does in the Uber Clyde new bike thread. He is suggests addressing wheel issues as they arise. As does the LBS worker telling the OP in that thread that keeping the wheels true will prevent issues. That is far from the truth. It is the tension that prevents wheel failure issues as mentioned in Bill k's post in that thread. Bill knows what is going on,he suggests having the wheels tensioned asap.

As for cracking frames yes I do and have suggested that other big riders avoid the Lemond Tourmalet/Trek 1.5 design as it is wimpy and flexy which only leads to failure. I have several times posted this when other clydes asked about the frame (both made by trek and same design tube dia etc.).

If Neil thinks any different , then that goes to show he does not pay attention to my postings and more than likely others that actually post good advice as well.

Some of us pass on valuable info, others pretend to know.

Originally Posted by Rifford
What's the best way to convince a LBS that I really do want a strong rear wheel?
You might tell them you want a strong wheel built, maybe get credit for a trade in. If not, go to another LBS or find one that is known for having a good wheel builder in house.