View Single Post
Old 04-08-12, 04:45 PM
Lamplight

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 7 Post(s)
Liked 13 Times in 12 Posts
My ride today was...humbling. I haven't been riding very much for a couple of years now, mostly just running errands around town and even then I usually walk. The ride I posted pictures from the other was only about 14 miles, but with no real hills, so it was pretty easy, even with my being out of shape. Today I made a loop that's only 12 miles, but it starts out with a horrible, wretched hill. I've never made it all the way up this hill without walking, and today was no different. I've never been a good climber anyway, and after the hill I had to stop and rest while fighting the urge to vomit. Now I've had a tickle in my throat ever since. After the initial rest, there's another long but not especially steep climb and then a fantastic decent. The long climb didn't bother me much, but by that point my legs were cooked. All in all, I'm glad I did it. My Univega performed nicely, even if I didn't. I really think if it hadn't been for that initial hill I wouldn't have had any trouble. No pictures from today, unfortunately, but here's the lake where I stopped to rest:

And on the way to the lake: