View Single Post
Old 04-09-12, 08:07 AM
RolandArthur

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by newkie
Hey guys, I've been doing a lot of reading and am leaning towards the Marathon Supremes. Seems about as close as you can get to slicks w/ good durability and w/o sacrificing traction.

Two questions:
1. is there much difference between rigid and folding if you don't care keeping a spare with you?
2. i currently have 700x35. should i stick with that width or go 700x32?
I have been riding on my Supremes (700x35) for about 7500 km including a trip from Vienna to Zurich. They are definitely more comfortable than the other Schwalbe tires I have used. They are holding up very nice, mostly I think because of the good road conditions here in Holland. The softer rubber picks up a lot of debris so they might not be the best choice for lousy roads with lots of glas and other debris: I could imagine you get less miles for your money compared to other tires in those conditions.

I have the folding type, makes it really easy to change tires. The guys at the LBS donīt like the rigid version of this tire so they donīt sell them. 700x35 seems more comfortable than 700x32 for big guys. The 700x35 have little rolling resistance at the 5-5,5 bar I keep them at.