Old 04-10-12, 05:27 AM
kingcoke

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by chenghiz
Lightweight means different things to different people. If your last bike was a Varsity, pretty much any bike feels lightweight. If your other bike is a mid-range carbon road bike, 20 pounds is heavy.
This was my old bike http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00...SIN=B004W8LG1S

Originally Posted by bfloyd6969
Frame geometry.
I see, I don't have enough experience with different bikes to gauge it well but in my opinion its not very relaxed and there's a fair amount of stress on my shoulders when I am on the bullhorns.

Originally Posted by EpicSchwinn
Do you have a scale to get us some wheel+tire weights? I'm curious if the frame and fork are heavy or if it's just the components. I'm with the crowd that says 19+lbs for an aluminum/carbon bike is heavy. My old all steel bike was under 18lbs and was 57cm. What's the frame size on this one?

Also, what were your bikes from beforehand that you're comparing this to? I've been playing around with the idea of buying one but the geo seems a little bit relaxed compared to what I'm used to and I want to be able to get it to something like 16-17 lbs.
I only have a small scale with a max weight limit of 3 pounds so I can only get weights of the smaller components. Yeah I guess I had low expectations my old bike link is above. The frame size is 58 cm. I doubt you'll be able to achieve 16-17 lbs with this bike so you should look elsewhere. But hey for $369.99, I think I got a steal.