View Single Post
Old 04-12-12, 09:24 PM
zzOtherlandzz

Bikes: 2011 Rocky Mountain Vertex 29'r, 2007 Trek 1500 -- 2003 Gary Fisher Tassajara -- 2006 Gary Fisher Tassajara Disc (converted to touring bike)

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
For the first time in 4 days there was no smoke in the air. The wind was out of the north east.. more east than north. Soooo decided I better take a ride while the air was good!! Decided I would take a ride to the bike shop to see if my other bike was done (getting it tuned up, for some reason I could NOT get it done myself). Decided I would take the mountain bike.... That wasn't really that smart considering the big headwind on the 15 mile ride to the shop... Ohh yeah take a heavier bike, sit more upright and ride into the wind lol.. About half way to the shop I passed the guy that used to run a bike shop in Palatka years ago... He was on the other side of the road... About a mile down the road I stopped to get a drink and answer the phone and he passed me saying.. "Latch on draft if you want to".... I just kind of laughed..... He had a tow behind child carrier he was pulling... So I kept pace with him (about 500 yards back) for a couple of miles... He pulled off for some reason and I passed him. He was picking up cans and putting them in the trailer.. Next thing I know he is drafting me through most of the next 4 miles or so.... until he stopped to pick up another can... We did chat a little bit.... was kind of cool..... Still wondering how I ended up breaking the wind for him... when he asked if i wanted to draft?? LOL

Ended up riding almost 31 miles..

Great ride.... And my bike was done at the shop... Charged me 10 bucks to replace the shifter cable housing...