Old 04-13-12, 09:09 AM
CabezaShok

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ItsJustMe
Honestly, a good vented breathable cycling jacket at the minimum, and pants too, are the best investment I ever made. I'm a huge cheapskate, didn't buy them for years, but even though I cheap out at every opportunity, if I lost my rain jacket now I would buy another one immediately. It has outlasted every other piece of clothing I thin I've ever owned.

I paid $99 for a J&G jacket at BicycleClothing.com. I wear it whenever it's raining significantly, or when it's below about 50* (with various layers underneath, depending on temp) down to -25*F.

I previously tried regular rain clothes, like cheap ponchos and such. Miserable.

With a good jacket and rain paints, I really, honestly don't even notice the rain much anymore. They are worth twice what I paid for them.

There is no bad weather, only bad clothes.
Speaking of breathable, if you dont mind camouflage, army surplus Gortex jackets/pants go for $40-60 (Ebay) depending on how used they are. They have armpit zippers to let air in. Cheapest way to get Gortex ive found. I got a like-new Marine issue gortex shell for $100, but ive had the cheaper army one, it works well in snow/rain.