Old 04-14-12, 11:21 AM
Tearlach61

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Breezer Uptown Infinity - Rear Wheel Removal

I just bought a Breezer Uptown Infinity. One of the reasons I bought it is in the hope of lower maintenance. I live and commute in Juneau Alaska. It rains a lot here, plus we have winters which means my drive train has to exist in a briny gritty environment that causes me to have to change drive train components frequently. Chain every 800 miles minimum. I might get about 2000 miles out of a rear casset - if I am diligent in changing the chain.

So I have this Breezer Infinity. It looks great. It's a beautiful bike. One of the reasons I bought it was for the chain guard. I was in Holland last year and was intrigued by the bikes that they drive, the fact that most of them have chain guards. At one point I peaked inside the chain guard of this old beatup bike and - it was pristeen! Like the inside of an engine block.

But it is not obvious to me what the best way is to remove the rear wheel. I need to be able to studded tires on in winter. Do I remove the whole chain guard? Does it disassemble somewhat?

Surely I am not the only who wants to put winter tires on this bike?