View Single Post
Old 04-14-12, 09:01 PM
Rowan

Mentioned: 125 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1454 Post(s)
Liked 85 Times in 40 Posts
Originally Posted by Telly
This thread has gone beyond being a rant with people taking pot shots at insulting me...
You have ABSOLUTELY NO IDEA who I am, my financial situation and whether I'm a jealous fat bigot or someone active and passionate in building a new cycling community. In these four pages I've heard people who agree with me, people who don't, but have the decency to do it in a tactful and polite way and give creative criticism, and people who post insincere and insulting messages without any merit or thought in them just to heat up what they think is a confrontation. I've been in forums all my life and have seen much worse, but after being a member of BF since last September, I was expecting more from the latter posters.

So anyone here can continue to take pot shots at me with insults, I won't bother posting another message on this thread since I've already posted my opinion on the matter and don't have something to add to that; just know that you're not hurting me at all. You are however hurting the online community here at BF since anyone else wanting to post their opinions on other controversial matters might think twice after reading this thread.

And that's a shame because there are others here that may be in a position to help these future posters.
And your post, my friend, answers your own observations in your very first post on this thread. You aren't hurting the people who own expensive bikes by taking potshots at how they ride them or over what distances. Seen from the other side, your original post could be seen as quite insulting, and hurting the overall cycling community because you are criticising people for getting out there and riding bikes, albeit with expensive ones and over short distances.

Pot, kettle, black, I think.