Old 04-15-12, 10:32 AM
interested

Bikes: Kinesisbikes UK Racelight Tk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 2 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Boudicca
I looked st the Ortlieb, Burt I want external pockets to put things I need to access. But 20 liters is about right. Maybe I should look again.
You can attach an external pocket to all Ortlieb panniers. Works extremely well. The pocket also has a roll top, so no broken zippers or stuff that gets stuck in the zipper. Totally waterproof of course. Size is generous enough to hold a large bunch of keys, a fat wallet and a telephone, while still allowing a large hand to get into it and find what you want.

Pure genius design like the the Ortlieb Back-Roller, but of course, this add-on makes the Ortlieb pannier even more expensive.

OTOH, I have used this combo daily for around 6-7 years and I just enjoy something that works so well and is so well made and so well designed.

Ortlieb have a good warranty, is repairable; either factory repair or cheap DIY spare parts with a 10 years guarantee of available spare parts.

I thought it was outrageous expensive when I bought my Ortlieb Back-Roller many years ago, now I think it is a real bargain considering the daily use and abuse they have survived.