Old 04-16-12, 11:18 AM
Ozonation

Bikes: Helix, Brompton, Rivendell, Salsa, and a Partridge in a Pear Tree

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 43 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Purpleorchid
Ozonation - The tonal range you see of the raw lacquer is the lighting (as photographers know )....in some lights, it looks grey, or greenish or charcoal. Kind of like a chameleon more than a painted color. But yes, if I were to get a color out of your list, all sage green would be my choice. All white is really striking too.
True... lighting is key, and never mind what happens in post-processing (if any)! I'm thinking sage green is still my best bet overall at the moment. Chagzuki hit it on the head about racing green. I couldn't quite figure out what was not impressing me, but if the racing green is a little off or the light is not quite right, then it does look sort of John Deere-industrial-farm like - not that this is bad, but it's just not me. Oddly enough, I think I would have preferred the gloss as opposed to the matte.

Yes, I'm thinking the rack is more efficient and effective for me overall. I know I can't put very large items on it, but with the rack, I can at least get the rack bag and put more items in there. I shoot with two systems - Nikon full frame and Panasonic 4/3 - so I would think I should be able to pack the smaller Panasonic kit and corresponding smaller items more easily. I should also be able to get some of my Nikon kit too. I don't think I'll be cycling to many photo assignments or events, but I've noticed that some of them are really spread out and wouldn't a bike be easier to get around if I could drag out a Brompton and scoot around rather than hoofing it with 30 lbs of overpriced glass and metal! Also, I'd love to just go on some photo/biking tours.