Old 04-17-12, 05:45 PM
k7baixo

Bikes: Bacchetta CA2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by rdtompki
I'm waiting for the first "HTFU". Brave ride you just did.
It wouldn't bother me if someone posted that. The way I look at it is that 5 riders did finish it. There's no shame is assaying they did a better job than me! I'm not too proud to admit that I can improve in every aspect but controlling the weather.

Originally Posted by unterhausen
One of the best things that ever happened to me on a randonnee was discovering that I had stashed a spare pair of gloves in my seat bag. My other gloves were soaked and it was snowing. Finished that one, but there were times when I wondered if I was going to live through it -- and I mean that in all seriousness.

I'm a lot more willing not to start nowadays. I was going to ride a 600k last year that promised thunderstorms for the entire ride, but I was one of only two that signed up for it and the other guy decided not to ride so I didn't either. I'm no longer willing to start when either high winds or frozen precipitation are likely.
I had two sets of gloves...both were soaked so I may purchase a pair that's waterproof. Not starting would have been the smart decision but I ride with a friend. We'd both have to agree and I don't think we were willing to pull the plug just yet.

Clearly, we learned a few lessons. It's all good.