View Single Post
Old 04-18-12, 11:32 AM
OldsCOOL

Bikes: '77 Colnago Super, '76 Fuji The Finest, '88 Cannondale Criterium, '86 Trek 760, '87 Miyata 712

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 659 Post(s)
Liked 595 Times in 313 Posts
Originally Posted by bushwik
Hi All, I have come across a similar bike to this that someone is selling on CL - I checked it out yesterday and it rides pretty damn nice for being 40 years old. It this same obscure MB logo that is rarely seen, and it has the same long cage Huret Derailluer set, Rigida Rims, and Weinnman 610/Vainqueur Brakes with Red Pads. I really like to overall look of the bike and I am seriously considering buying it to clean it up and restore as much of it as possible. The guy is asking around $200 for it. Can anyone tell me the model and year accurately? Deal or no deal? Whaddya think?

[IMG]
MotobecanePantin_01 by bkempton, on Flickr[/IMG]

[IMG]
MotobecanePantin_00 by bkempton, on Flickr[/IMG]
My first decent road bike was a '72 Mirage with Huret "Allvit" RD but the front forks were half-chromed as typical in the day. The color was a brilliant yellow. Your cranks look era as do the Rigida wheels. Do the wheels have the cheese-grate on the brake surfaces?

As for the price vs condition it's worth it for your personal collection but I'd avoid paying much more than 125.00 if you want to flip it for any kind of real profit due to the low-end/quality nature of the bike. That said, I have wonderful memories of riding the fogline as a high school kid the summers of 73-4.