Old 04-18-12, 12:18 PM
bushwik

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
thanks!

Originally Posted by OldsCOOL
My first decent road bike was a '72 Mirage with Huret "Allvit" RD but the front forks were half-chromed as typical in the day. The color was a brilliant yellow. Your cranks look era as do the Rigida wheels. Do the wheels have the cheese-grate on the brake surfaces?

As for the price vs condition it's worth it for your personal collection but I'd avoid paying much more than 125.00 if you want to flip it for any kind of real profit due to the low-end/quality nature of the bike. That said, I have wonderful memories of riding the fogline as a high school kid the summers of 73-4.
Hey OldsCool, thanks for the feedback!! So are you saying that you think this is the 72' Mirage model as well? The same that you once had? Yes! The wheels do have a sort of dimpled quality all around where the brakes would catch.

When you refer to the bikes quality as being 'low end' are you simply talking about the components here or the overall build and quality of this bike? I mean its obviously no Grand Touring model but it still boasts some good components and a great chrome frame, no?

I agree with you about the price thing though and that was why I was inquiring. I just love the idea of having a cool bike in good condition that is 40 years old and still ridable for my own collection . I've got another MB 81 Super mirage in outstanding condition that I ride primarily this would be a project of sorts I suppose. Something about these classic MB bikes is just really cool. I guess 'Classic'in this sense is definitely an understatement.

BTW, how much did you pay for yours way back when?

Last edited by bushwik; 04-18-12 at 12:20 PM. Reason: change