Old 04-20-12, 10:17 AM
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by shovelhd
I completely disagree with your first sentence. I eat a good breakfast, well rounded, fruits, protein, and carbs, every day. A good breakfast is essential to keeping the balance between eating and overeating in your favor.

I also commute to work, although mine is shorter. I don't do specific workouts on these rides, they are midweek base rides that can get up to high Z3 average when I'm riding the fully loaded, pannier and lights equipped CX bike, which weighs over 40 pounds loaded. For interval work, I stick to the race bike. As the season progresses, I may commute to work, ride a hammerfest or time trial after work, then ride home.
As we have uncovered this year, breakfast is a very important part of everyone's nutrition. The reason that breakfast is so important is it fires the oven (your metabolism) for the entire day. Remember, your body has been catabolic (i.e. asleep) since about the 2.5 hour mark AFTER your last meal. This means that while you were sleeping, depending on what time you ate, rather than your body repairing itself it is using your muscles to keep itself going. Then to wake up and ride, unfueled, further damages your muscle's ability to repair itself. By taking this approach you are , in effect, doing more harm than good.

AZ by saying you are metabolically efficient I am assuming your intended pun is that you are having a difficult time leaning out, correct me if I am wrong.