View Single Post
Old 04-20-12, 11:05 AM
rkwaki
soon to be gsteinc...

Mentioned: 4 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
I will hope that those that I have directed here will vouch for my advice as I believe that it has really helped them out this year.
Planning and organization are key to your success here. Nutrition is not defined as the hour before a ride but is on a continuous basis. Based on the fact that most of your training is done early you have to be very mindful of your diet the night before. Not knowing your diet or otherwise here are a few simple recommendations to those who train early:
Dinner the night before - good source of protein (chicken, steak) and some healthy greens, etc.
Right before you go to sleep - I have a protein shake (50 grams of protein or a little more) with ground flaxseed mixed with water
Wake-up - 3 eggs with egg whites, two slices of whole wheat toast - 1 hour before you hit the road.
Train
Within 30 minutes of workout - protein shake with 1.5 tablespoons of ground flaxseed.

Then eat every 2.5 hours until evening rolls around then repeat. You can shoot me a pm if you want me to get specific. As I have stated many times before I can guarantee that you don't eat enough protein, as protein is what repairs fatigued muscle fibers if it isn't in your diet your muscles aren't recovering properly.

Years ago someone in the industry told me if you are craving sugars you body is actually craving protein. Feed it protein and the sugar cravings go away...