View Single Post
Old 04-20-12, 02:51 PM
k7baixo

Bikes: Bacchetta CA2.0

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
My wife is gonna hunt you down and take you out now esp if she sees me with an Aerostich catalog again!

I'll save my pennies for next year esp since our organizer has a habit of selecting weekends that have atrocious weather. Last year, there was one rider who had to be rescued - he was suffering from hypothermia.

Over on the AZRandon list, someone posted this comment:
Fair-weather riding is a luxury reserved for Sunday afternoons and wide boulevards. Those who ride in foul weather – be it cold, wet, or inordinately hot – are members of a special club of riders who, on the morning of a big ride, pull back the curtain to check the weather and, upon seeing rain falling from the skies, allow a wry smile to spread across their face. This is a rider who loves the work.

Hats off the the AZ and Canadian Randonnueurs who faced off against weather, entered the arena, and didn't shy away from this epic.
I wasn't successful so I can't take credit for anything other than, upon seeing the rain & wind at 0430 that morning, smiled & told my buddy, "Well, we wanted an adventure, right?"