Old 04-21-12, 09:48 PM
folder fanatic
Banned.

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by jur
Ignore that - FF has become a Dahon basher for no good reason.
Well, Jur, How do you know for sure what bicycle I am discussing? You are reading something that is not there in any part of this particular thread save this post. I did not say D., T., C. or any other far east made specifically by brand bike-even my sister's now abandoned Nishiki which I never mentioned before anywhere online or offline which is still at my house-for that matter beyond my vintage 1970s Super Star & Raleigh Twenty or my last decade Brompton. You really have such negativity directed for me. Why don't you go troll somewhere else. Or even better, go to your own bike shop, ride the bikes, then write your own reviews instead of being an armchair critic of what I am doing over here.

For my sister only: Come get your bike. It's cluttering up my house. It's brand or country of origin does not change that fact. Or you might find it in the garbage where it belongs.

Originally Posted by bbmike
Considering that almost all bikes are made in China, I'm wondering of which bikes you're referring to?
FYI, I only now at present own either vintage genuine European made or a Brompton. The past is the past. I don't really give a hoot about my past mistaken purchase of these bikes since they are no longer are cluttering up the house or I have to spend lots of money to fix them all the time correcting design/production gaping flaws which I had nothing to do with. Pitfalls happen when the bikes actually exist in your life-which they do not anymore as they are out of my life. As I hope my sister's crappy abandoned bike will be soon.

My present bikes are the ones that interest me. They perform to the level that I want and need that is all that is necessary. I should have been more specific and stated that I wish I bought the vintage ones first, then the Brompton, bypassing the new others. Rather than assuming many new bicycles are the same quality as when I was growing up. The plain truth is after restoration, I never had problems with the vintage ones or the Brompton beyond the expected basic maintenance (lubricating, adjustments, & rarely replacing worn out parts) . Perhaps that is why my sister prefers her car over her bike-and "forgetting" it at my house?

Last edited by folder fanatic; 04-21-12 at 10:29 PM.