View Single Post
Old 04-23-12, 03:29 PM
Project88

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
My 2cents.

I have come to three conclusions why cycliest blow through lights.
1) to lazy to want to slow down or stop completely due to having to shift down and start all over to gain speed/ if single or fixed to lazy to start off again with those high gears
2) at night scared or uncomfertable with waiting on dark lonely streets
3) they think there cool (example; the dam fixi cult in Los Angeles not refering to those fixed riders who are responisible just the majority of those neon bike riders)

Bottom line we have to so we should, individually even though others dont we should take it apon ourselves to do so. I mean poeple still have to wait for lights to change to cross the street no matter the time of day so do cars so we should to. A J-walker will get a ticket and they way less and are slower than us , there is no diffrence. Again not everyone follows the rules but that doesnt mean we shouldnot follow them too. I have a series of lights on my commute which appear to be more remote than the one posted by the OP and when that light turns red my foot goes down. I for one dont want to be a cycliest who promotes the stigma attached to us, give respect to get it.

Last edited by Project88; 04-23-12 at 03:48 PM.