View Single Post
Old 04-23-12, 07:44 PM
bikamper
1991 PBP Anciens

Bikes: 1954 Robin Hood, 1964 Dunelt, 1968 Raleigh Superbe, 1969 Robin Hood, 197? Gitane, 1973 Raleigh SuperCourse, 1981 Miyata 710, 1990 Miyata 600GT, 2007 Rivendell Bleriot

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 65 Post(s)
Liked 307 Times in 118 Posts
Vintage Fat Tire Finds:Update

No Wald basket for the Monark yet, but it is on order. Fit it with an old timey speedometer and a rear rack. Also put on a new chain yesterday. About all I have left to do is scrounge a better pair of brake shows for the Bendix hub. She stops, but could be better.
Pretty mundane and boring stuff, I'll admit, but you folks may get a kick out of this.

Grandkid was excited to the point of peeing herself when I wheeled it out. After a change of clothes, she hopped on and was scooting around for the better part of the afternoon. She even took it back to Maine with her
I also think that the little bike is a Phillips, either pre-Raleigh or during the transition period. Hubs and BB are Brampton and every thread is 24tpi.
Here is what lead me to the ID.

Not a great pic, but the 'P' matches the lamp holder on every other Phillips I've seen.

As to the little Schwinn, that's a winter project. It's currently hanging up in my backyard shed with dog poo on one tire. Guess how I learned about the dog poo.