Old 04-24-12, 09:48 AM
Rx Rider
Geck, wo ist mein Fahrrad

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Drummerboy1975
Wait, you wear a helmet in the winter? But why? Because the grounds harder?
Did your Olympic trainers not teach you how to fall in ice and snow?
as I said I'm not anti-helmet, I am non-helmet. something I think nearly everyone on the darkside has mentioned,but to no comprehension.

how many times have you read mention of situational awareness or know your surroundings? doesn't ring a bell?
I wear a helmet in winter because of low light conditions and the added visibility a helmet affords. I wear a helmet in winter because of black ice and packed snow. remember the situation that you're s'pose to be aware of?

the one time I will absolutely positively wear a helmet is if I'm going to be riding with 20 other cyclists for any length of time. because 1-20 doesn't understand how to maneuver a bike at slow speeds. 1-20 doesn't understand how to maneuver a bike at moderate speed. and 5-20 usually doesn't understand that bike riding is as much an upper body workout as it is a lower body workout.
so 20+ riders is a situation that requires one to take the extra steps to minimize a low / moderate speed incident where a helmet would actually help.
and you've confused me with another as far as being an olympic hopeful, I don't believe track racing occurs on snow and ice, but if that's how you intend to debate this subject, you shouldn't be calling others "a troll".