Old 04-25-12, 09:43 PM
Mike F

Bikes: 2017 Specilized Roubaix, 2012 Scott CR1 Team, Felt Z85

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 26 Post(s)
Liked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Originally Posted by bikerjp
Could you share a pic? I've seen other pics but so far not really in favor of the look. Maybe it's not that important.

Re your carbon rails, Thomson makes some claims about how their clamp is better than the rest. Not that that's a guarantee.

http://bikethomson.com/seatposts/elite/
I took it off until I figure out the clamping issue. Ill post one probably this weekend when I get a chance to rule out user error and try and re mount it. Ive googled a million searches about the rails and the clamp and cant find any similar problems. In fact everything I find is the opposite about how great they are on carbon. The top lip is just short of a snug fit, resting on the rail. As for the look, with my "blinkey" collar only about 5cm of the straight part is visable. The one on my aluminum bike shows much more and kinda looks funky but not bad. I love the ride and the adjust ability. As for the Ritchey as somebody posted, I have the carbon pro back on and it fits snuggly. The WCS is the next step up and is tempting. If you check out some "CAAD+Thompson" photo's many CAAD owners have thompsons.