Old 04-26-12, 09:37 AM
pgjackson

Bikes: Rossetti Vertigo

Mentioned: 1 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 229 Post(s)
Liked 119 Times in 70 Posts
Originally Posted by starving
Tell that to riders who love single gear bikes.

Let me improve your analogies......

Comparing downtube shifters to Sora is more analogous to comparing LCD TV's to LED TV's.

Comparing downtube shifters to Sora is more analogous to comparing an Android phone to an I-phone.

Comparing downtube shifters to Sora is more analogous to comparing in-window air conditioners to central air conditioners.

Comparing downtube shifters to Sora is more analogous to comparing Hyundai power steering to BMW power steering.

Downtube shifters are not a hardship for a recreational cyclist. It is not difficult to move your hand from the handlebar to a downtube shifter. Anyone who finds this so difficult probably doesn't bother signaling when driving a car.

I have Sora shifters and I don't really care for them. They have a sloppy mushy feel to them. Downtube shifters are nice and crisp.

Now if Dura Ace STI shifters were the same cost as downtube shifters, I would definitely take the Dura Ace.
None of those analogies make any sense. The only reason any manufacturer puts DT shifters on a bike is to make an already cheap bike even cheaper.