View Single Post
Old 04-26-12, 11:10 AM
cooperryder

Mentioned: 19 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 214 Post(s)
Liked 1,526 Times in 411 Posts
Originally Posted by WNG
I've been away from C&V for some time. Sadly, I've not been riding since my inspired birthday ride in late January. My life has taken an unexpected turn that I never imagined could happen. I am in the midst of a personal crisis and in a legal battle for my life, literally. I will likely have to take a hiatus from my cycling pursuits and time here on this great place called C&V. Just want to say what a great bunch you folks are. The kinship and outreach is priceless.
A special THANK YOU goes out to GlennFordx4 and OFG.

I've been consumed by my crisis these past two months. A housemate of mine gave me some advice to get back to living and build back some form of a life routine. I took his advice to heart, and tried get back in the saddle. Of the cache of bikes I owned, I managed to have with me, my endearing Schwinn Crosscut.
I set out for a few short rides in the rising AZ heat. It was 105 F today. I made a bee line towards Superstition Mtn. along a long, lonely straight slab of tarmac called Lost Dutchman Blvd. Cars were few, horses were crossing the road. I went as far until the paved road ended and turned back. The view of the mountain always stirs me inside. I will try to go further next time, with ample water.
I also add my encouragement to hang in there and hopefully you can evaluate what's important and possible with the situation you find yourself in and rebuild from there.

So many times when life throws be some tough times a good bike ride helps me to think, process, and just 'ride away' some of the tension and turmoil.

Interestingly I am in the process of building up a Schwinn Crisscross frame.
Just read about some fellow that if I understand went through 2 of them riding 20,000 plus miles on each and eventually going with a bent.

Here is the link:
http://www.pedalprayers.org/Journey/page03.html

Sending up a prayer on your behalf that situation will improve soon.