View Single Post
Old 04-26-12, 01:46 PM
Soloist Assassin
Banned

Bikes: 2011 Cervelo S2, 2001Trek USPS 5200, 06 Cervelo P3 Alum, 1999 Schwinn Pro Stock BMX, 1987 Schwinn Traveler

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by runningDoc
Congrats SA... you finally got to the 12.XX lbs mark huh? wow I forgot how much you wanted to get to that point, and subsequent work you put into getting there.... how's the ride with the new post/seat configuration?
Thanks, it's really better than I could imagine. It feels kinda like my SLR, but I can feel where he made some tweaks to work with his design to make it ride even better. It basically only has support in the middle of the saddle. So there is little to no flex there. The sides however flex nicely, and it makes for a really great ride. However I did hit one big bump while seated, and I could feel it a bit more than I would of liked to. I wish I would of seen that one coming for sure. It wasn't much harsher than a regular saddle, but it was a bit worse. The flex of the rails kinda help there I think. As long as you can make sure you get up out of the saddle for those, it's awesome. It literally feels like the shape was molded just for me. I like the shape better than my SLR, but the flex in the middle helps with those big bumps.