View Single Post
Old 04-27-12, 06:38 AM
Jsiegs

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
your Tues/Wed combo is a bit ridiculous. While FTP is the maximum power you can hold for one hour, that is for a rested and motivated individual. After an hour at FTP on Tuesday, I don't think you have any chance (no dig at you, I don't think anyone really has any chance). Even 2x20 at FTP (2 min rest) is a serious workout, and is a good amount of work without excessive recovery costs. I also don't know anyone (though my background is more for tri training so someone can school me here if necessary) who will actually do 60 min at FTP in training. 40k TT? Sure, go for it, but you're only gonna hit it if you're reasonably rested (if you hit it tired, your FTP is too low).

Hills aren't magic. You weigh a certain amount. You put out a certain amount of power. Those factors combine to decide your speed up the hill. Lower weight, increase power (or both) and you will get to the top faster. If you expect your centry to be a lot of work-rest-work-rest-ect due to the up-down-up-down, try to mimic that in your long ride. Use the length of the climbs in your ride (a few long ones or a lot of short ones) to dictate your work/rest periods. oh, and make sure you have the right gearing