Old 04-28-12, 08:30 PM
DW99
Senior Lurker, mostly.

Bikes: '02 Raleigh C40, '10 Fuji Touring, and a refurbished '82 (I think) Motobecane Grand Touring

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Peugeot Mixte, PH 18

Recently pick up an '85 Peugeot PH 18 Mixte, not sure why other than I think it is a cool looking bike. Handlebars are not original, at least I hope not, Handle bar has “Streamline” on it, has a pretty nice looking Bontrager saddle and a Pletscher kickstand. Other than that I believe components are all original. Don’t know about the headlight and taillight, but the frame appears to have been made with the generator mount originally, as it is welded on the seat stay and painted the same.
Components are lower or mid-level, but one odd thing is the chrome fork, just a special touch on some of the PH 18’s, I guess. Another odd thing, to me, is it's size for a mixte. It is a large frame, too big for me, I'm closer to 50cm. I believe it's 57 or 59, sticker on left side chainstay ends in 57, bottom bracket ends in 59. But that may not be the size in either case, but from what I have gleaned from different forum accounts of Peugeot bikes, it should be. Any information or thoughts on this bike would be appreciated.

Sachs Huret- shifters and derailers,
Weinmann- brakes 610 fnt, 750 rear, and levers,
Maillard- hubs and 5 speed freewheel,
Rigida SUPERCHROMIX rims,
Crankset, a double, not sure. Has an “S” on the bolt cap like the Stronglight on my Moto but the chainrings look cheaper.
About that freewheel, it is sometime free in both directions. It will crank some then go free for a bit and then catch. Possibly old grease gunked up inside?? Have not cleaned and inspected things yet, the pictures are as it was when brought home. Don’t have much money in it, just another project.

Last edited by DW99; 06-30-12 at 07:57 PM. Reason: Linked photos.