Old 04-29-12, 12:06 PM
John Forester

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
[QUOTE=hagen2456;14157557]Really, you do like everything to be completely black/white, right? But I've several times informed you that lots of cycling in Denmark (and to a lesser degree, Holland) takes place where no bike facilites are present. In particular outside of the larger cities. Whether that is in the form of hard-core VC or not is irrelevant to the point(s).

As you've now been informed, again, it is not a matter of abstract reasoning. It's based on experience, and backed up by psycological research.

You are dodging the issues again. In a discussion of the ability of American trained child cyclists to obey the American rules of the road, you claim that the Danes have evidence disproving my test results. When I suggest that the Danes don't really have evidence about that type of cycling, you reply that whether or not the Danes use vehicular cycling is irrelevant. When you claim that Danish children (under 12 yrs wasn't it?) have been demonstrated to be unable to usefully determine the speed and distance of motor traffic, you offer experience of some kind and a supposed standard that was based on calculations performed on the measured results of visual acuity, without actual testing of the real issue.