Old 05-01-12, 07:30 AM
BarracksSi
Bike ≠ Car ≠ Ped.

Bikes: Some bikes. Hell, they're all the same, ain't they?

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 2 Post(s)
Liked 5 Times in 4 Posts
Originally Posted by carpediemracing
Just to clarify a point, it's obvious when you're riding but you flick the elbow/finger/whatever on the side you want the next rider to pull through. So if you're pulling off to the left, you flick the right side.

I see it even in some pro clips. It's like using a turn signal when you're driving and you want to turn. It can never hurt. It sometimes helps.

Thanks for the clarification, because I thought that the flick was on the side that the rider wanted to move to (which is really like a turn signal on a car, opposite of your second sentence). I haven't been on a ride yet where they use it, so I simply didn't know.

Originally Posted by coasting
I was once riding with some very strong riders and the guy in front flicked his elbow and was surprised I didn't go in front. I was really really trying but uphill there was no way I could get in front when hanging on was all i was interested in.
If this happens, is it ever okay for the second rider to also move over? That is, for a pair of riders to peel off the front instead of a single? I'd wager "no" because it would throw the group off, but maybe the third rider would handle it...