View Single Post
Old 05-01-12, 07:57 PM
Jaypkk

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
Liked 0 Times in 0 Posts
Originally Posted by wesmamyke
Have you checked the bearing adjustment? It says you have been riding them for awhile, they could have loosened up. Zipp wheels also come super loose as far as bearing adjustment goes, even brand new. You are actually supposed to run them like that for less resistance, but often they are so loose they could easily cause problems like that.
Good suggestion but did that immediately, thinking that a couple of recent Roubaix style races had really shaken things up. Didn't change anything. I am going to check, but I bet I have pretty close to, if not more than, 3 mm on each side, so suspect that the clearances are understated. The Zipp representative was very clear that whatever Zipp's tolerances, frame flex varies from frame to frame and of course from rider to rider. I weigh 180, well under the 225# limit on the wheels, but I'm sure someone my size and with my strength likely generates much more torque than a spindly 145-pounder does--that's just physics. So even if I'm within tolerance on the frame, I may not be in terms of torque generated.