View Single Post
Old 05-03-12, 06:30 AM
CraigB
Starting over

Bikes: 1990 Trek 1500; 2006 Gary Fisher Marlin; 2011 Cannondale Synapse Alloy 105; 2012 Catrike Trail

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Liked 3 Times in 3 Posts
Originally Posted by Axiom
Because of the deal I took it even though I am 32" inseam and the owner said he was 33" and the bike was 60cm. Although every part of it is comfortable, I have the groin issues. I really don't want to sell it, so I don't know if a new saddle will help. Will a bike only slightly bigger really have that big of an impact? Because when I got it I figured it wouldn't be a big deal at all.
Too large a frame sure won't help, but I doubt it's the cause of your discomfort, unless you've already lowered the saddle all the way and you're still struggling to reach the pedals. The bigger issue with marginally out-sized frames is a longer top tube, putting the bars farther out of reach and messing with your position/posture.

I'm still having a bit of difficulty understanding the nature of the discomfort. When I think of groin pain, I think of pain in the musculature from the crotch area down into the inside of the thigh. I get the feeling from your description it's more of a genital issue. Is that right? How old are you? I ask because if you're old enough to be into enlarged prostate territory, some saddles (and their positions) can exacerbate the problem causing increased pressure on the bladder and a feeling of having to urinate. At least they have for me. Of course, if I completely misunderstood your description, then you can ignore all that.