Old 05-03-12, 11:51 AM
pacificcyclist

Bikes: 2012 Masi Speciale CX : 2013 Ghost 29er EBS

Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 1 Post(s)
Liked 1 Time in 1 Post
Originally Posted by Joe Padilla
Hey guys im riding cross country next month and im trying to get 80 to 100 miles a day. I have a 2011 Trek 520 and I rode 45 miles this weekend at a average of 15.4 over 2hr and 51 min. Fully loaded.
been training for the last year ill post a pic when I get home!
Reasonable? Perhaps if you have cycling buddies with you so you guys can draft each other. Remember that when you're cycling in cities, you are well sheltered from the elements, meaning you won't be experiencing the kind of headwind like you would in open country like in Montana, Idaho and some part of the Oregon coast where the headwind itself can really take a toll on your body and your mileage expectation as well as how you feel day in and day out. I've cycled in a 10% grade going downhill and I had to pedal to get myself moving at 10mph in the granny-- the headwind was that strong. One time, I had to cover a distance of 80 miles headwind all the way. Thank god I met a couple of german cycle tourists and we drafted and made good time; well at least I didn't have to have a late dinner and pitch my tent before midnight.